Thursday, August 22, 2013

Walk With Him

I will be the first to admit I have never been a "blogger" or much of a writer in any form of the word. AP English my Senior year of high school was just about the death of me...I stare at a blank page and stare and stare and stare. And yet, here I am, and I feel an introduction is in store. I'm Whitney! Sister Wright, currently. I am a 21 year old who loves quality music, all things cake decorating and anything to do with mountain trails. I am a Mormon, born and raised, and I owe who I am to my Heavenly Father.

Once upon a time I was attending school studying to be a mathematician when I realized the big man upstairs had something different in store for me. I decided to put MY life on hold and turn it over to Him. I am now serving as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in the Charlotte, North Carolina area. Serving my Father in Heaven and being a representative of my Savior Jesus Christ is the best decision I have made in my entire twenty-one years of life. Every day I get to walk with my Savior.

One of my favorite hymns reads as follows:
"Abide with me, 'tis eventide. The day is past and gone; The shadows of the evening fall; the night is coming on. Within my heart a welcome guest, Within my home abide. O Savior stay this night with me; Behold tis eventide. Abide with me, 'tis eventide. Thy walk today with me has made my heart within me burn, As I communed with thee. Thy earnest words have filled my soul and kept me near thy side. O Savior stay this night with me; Behold tis eventide." 
-M. Lowrie Hofford

 

I'm not sure what this small blog will be or become, but if nothing else, I hope all who read it, know that I have a testimony of Jesus Christ. I know that He alone is our Savior and Redeemer. He is the light. I know that His gospel, His church, has been restored to the earth by our loving Father in Heaven through a modern day prophet. I know that Joseph Smith was a man of God. I know that the Book of Mormon, that holy scripture, is the convincing evidence that we can return to our Heavenly Father. I know that it is only by obedience to the laws and ordinances of His gospel that we can fully be forgiven of our mistakes and weaknesses and become as He is. His gospel is perfect. God's plan for each of His children is perfect. He knows us and He loves us, I humbly testify, in the name of Jesus Christ, my Savior, amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this lovely post Sister Wright! You are beautiful, and I am so grateful for your example! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete