Friday, August 23, 2013

To my dearest friend:

I received news today of the passing of an incredible man I had the privileged to know. After a rigorous battle with stage 4 lung cancer, he finally returned to his Father in Heaven. So many days were spent in the home of his wonderful family, spreading and feeling the Spirit that was there. My heart goes out to his wife and children. I can't pretend to know the grief they now face, but my knowledge of life after death brings me so much peace and consolation. I know that God loves each of His children individually. I know that He has a specific plan in store for each of them. Whatever Roy's journey was in life, he was welcomed home with loving arms.


It's times like these where I have to take a step back and just let my mind go. How easy would it be to climb under covers and forget it all? How easy would it be to scream and blame everyone who passes by? But what good would that do anyone? Instead, I choose to turn to my Savior. There is no one who better understands grief or pain. There is no one who better understands our sorrows and struggles. It is only through the power of His Atonement that we can truly be healed. I will never understand everything that He did not only for me, but everyone who would ever come to this earth. He alone was central to the Father's plan of happiness for His children. Without Jesus Christ, we would have no hope of a better life, no goal for what we strive for. Being our loving Father in Heaven, the only thing He wants is for each of His children to return to Him. He knew that could only happen with the sacrifice of His only Begotten Son. It is Christ who makes this life worth all the pains and struggles. I testify that He is the only way to return to our home in Heaven. He is the source of comfort, peace and healing.



No comments:

Post a Comment